Sunday, December 4 2022
McDougal’s Chicken Fingers & Wings after a gas line burst and caused a fire. Photo: Adam Tamburin/Axios

The fire tore McDougal’s Chicken Restaurant Monday, ravaging the Hillsboro Village landmark during the lunch rush.

  • The restaurant famous for its chicken fillets, wings and sauces became a local favorite shortly after its opening in 2004.

Details: Around 12:15 p.m., firefighters were deployed to the building. First responders saw smoke coming out of the roof.

  • No one reported injuries.

What they say : Owner Tommy McDougal said the Tennessean the building was a total loss. Plans for moving forward were not immediately clear.

  • “I’m going to process this, cry and try to figure out what happened and what’s next,” McDougal said. “Life will go on and we will find out.”
  • McDougal told the newspaper he credited employees for their quick thinking during the fire. He said a gas line burst during maintenance work on the line that controls one of the restaurant’s fryers.

Zoom out: Employees will be relocated to the restaurant’s 12th Avenue South location or an upcoming location in Brentwood, by WSMV.


Support local journalism by becoming a member.

Learn more

After Nashville stories

Nope stories could be found

Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Nashville.


Support local journalism by becoming a member.

Learn more


Malaysia's first fast food chain had a prince as its burger chef. The sultan was not happy.


Cockroach alert! Dixy Chicken restaurant in Edgbaston fined £3,000 over hygiene concerns

Check Also